Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Holiday update

Sorry to have been gone so long! I hope everyone had a happy holiday! We've had a constant stream of visitors here in NYC (5 sets so far in January alone). Must be the extra bedroom luring
everyone to this cold and windy city. Brrr... but we sure have been living it up with lots of good food (Blue Ribbon sushi, Otto Pizzeria, Magnolia cupcakes, Mondel's chocolates among others... Guess I might have to get started on a New Years work-out resolution soon!), and lots of fun (Burlesque lobsters at the Slipper Room, Narwhal's at the Natural History Museum -- seriously is that a real animal?!?, Comedy at the Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre with Amy Poehler, Horatio Sands, and Kenneth from 30 Rock!).

It has been super cold here, so I haven't been able to wear many of my lovely dresses, but here are some outfits and recent random snaps. Lots more to come including some amazing Christmas presents and bargain shopping!


We were home for the holidays in this winter wonderland, the snowy midwest. It was quite beautiful but also very cold. So, we had a nice time relaxing (mostly indoors) and hanging out with old friends.


We got back to NYC in time for New Years Eve which we spent at a very "New York" kind of party with an extremely wide range of characters, including one guest who was a magician. The party was held in a beautiful apartment with high ceilings, a spiral staircase, and walls covered in paintings. I felt a bit like we had stepped into a Woody Allen film the moment we walked into the door. It was windy and freezing, but I couldn't resist a touch of sequins (INC sequin dress, Comme des Garcons sweater, Assets tights). At midnight we stepped out the door for an amazing view of the fireworks in Central Park.


Brunch at the always cutesy Kitchenette with my fellow blogger (and elementary school friend) visiting from Toronto.


The muppet workshop at FAO Schwartz which was unfortunately on break, but where I purchased a plethora of candy! I want those glasses with the eyes!


Drinking on New Years day. I am wearing J Crew chinos, lace and gray tank top from DKNY Jeans, Cashmere cardigan, and fringe necklace from H&M which actually seems to be a metal chain covered in some sort of rubber. It has a very strange feel to it, but I love it! My friend is sporting a very pretty dress from Target's Thakoon Go International collection.


Origami tree at the Natural Historty Museum. Must go back again for their evening "One Step Beyond" events!


Just a cool looking building on the upper west side.


Snowy day on the Columbia campus. Love my friend's Christmas boots! Stylish and waterproof. :) I (right) am wearing my Banana Republic toggle coat, cashmere scarf that was a present from mom, glittens from J Crew, and Marc by Marc Jacobs bag.


Lobster burlesque at the Slipper Room!

No comments: