Sunday, October 5, 2008

Brainwashed by Fashion?


While out looking for comfortable walking shoes I stumbled across
these fringed booties at Aerosoles. I tried them on in purple and my
first thoughts were purple, fringed -> cute, but my husbands reaction
was quite different. He thought they were really hideous, something I
could wear for Halloween if I wanted to dress as Pocahontas, but not
for real life. I wonder if these are something I would seriously consider
on my own or if I've just been inundated by the fashion machine
pushing fringe for so long that it's started to look cute and normal. I
remember thinking the fringe trend kind of bizarre and ugly when it
first started appearing, but now I don't think it's so bad... Have I been
brainwashed by fashion?

An any case, the shoes weren't so great on. The fit was off and the just
above ankle height not really very flattering. I need an ankle people! So,
the decision wasn't really so hard in the end.

No comments: