Saturday, October 4, 2008

Coat Dress


I felt a definite chill in the air today as we wandered down to Chinatown
for our very first dim sum chow-down in New York. Cooler weather means
coat season is here again! Yay! I love wrapping up in a cozy coat to fend off
the icy winds, and have quite a few coats in my collection to prove it.

This year I'm on the lookout for a hybrid half coat and half dress,
something a little fitted up top, but flared and flouncy on the bottom. I
ran into a beautiful version in Paris last year, but haven't been able to
find anything state-side that matches that coat's perfect blend of ladylike
and chic. These two options from Bluefly.com are reasonable
interpretations of the coat dress by Tocca, and Norma Kamali.


Is it just me or is something wonky going on with the coat on left? Still, it
might be a case of poor photo-shopping and could be a decent coat in
person (DKNY double breasted coat). If ruffles are your thing go even more
girly with this coat by Manoush.



Or for a burst of color try one of these coats by Laundry, Miu Miu and Tevrow + Chase.

No comments: