Friday, April 25, 2008

Bargain Find!


I wandered into the Goodwill in Berkeley the other day and found this fun coat for ....

wait for it....

wait for it...

$9.99! Score! It's a teeny bit large on me and I'm not completely sure how I feel about fur. I mean on the one hand I eat meat and wear leather and the coat is vintage from a charity shop so it's not like they killed the animal just for me, but on the other hand I dunno, fur? But, for $9.99 I decided to risk it. I can always sell it on eBay if I never end up wearing it. I think it's probably wool, with maybe a little cashmere and the collar looks like fox (?).

Oh and p.s. the Goodwill store is having an apparel sale tomorrow (Saturday). All apparel is 50% off.


The coat doesn't have a designer tag, but it does have this fun ILGWU label (International Ladies' Garment Workers' Union). This informational eBay Guide seems to place it somewhere between 1963-1974.

No comments: