Sunday, April 27, 2008

Outfit of the night


Saturday my husband took me out for a birthday dinner at the Zuni Cafe. We've been to Zuni several times and have never been disappointed. This time the food was absolute perfection!

Our menu:
Lightly breaded piccolo fritto of cardoons (similar to an artichoke) and tiny sweet onions
Polenta with mascarpone cheese and peppercorns
Halibut with spring onions, carrots and peas in a butter sauce. The fish was light and flaky and the butter sauce was rich and seasoned just right. The halibut was deliscious and not fishy tasting in the slightest. Fish is one thing I would really like to master in my cooking. I can never time it right and it always comes out either undercooked or overcooked and rubbery.
Beef cooked extremely rare, coated in pepper and served with fingerling potatoes, some sort of greens (kale?) and onions
Shoestring potatoes.

My husband's outfit:
Hugo Boss suit
Shirt by Thomas Pink
Shoes from Kenneth Cole

My outfit:
DKNY dress - one thing an empire waist is good for is eating a big yummy meal.
J Crew cardigan
Assets stockings
Marc by Marc Jacobs shoes (I'm not great at walking in heels, but these are definitely the MOST comfortable heels I own, and even held up to several hours of walking in Paris)
Purse by Sonia Rykiel

No comments: