Friday, October 26, 2007

Anne Namba


Hello from your friendly neighborhood guest blogger! Like T, I'm also a nerd by day. Sadly, I'm also a nerd at night. There have been a few times in my life where I've felt truly chic though, and thanks to a last minute catastrophe, one of them was my wedding day. My dress was an Anne Namba made from a silk antique Japanese wedding kimono. If you look closely at the picture, you might be able to see an embroidered peacock on the skirt part. The fabric actually had beautifully detailed peacocks all over it, and had the most sublime pink sheen, almost like a pearl. The middle part of my dress was from an obi (a sash that holds a kimono closed). I just loved the swirling colors...so dramatic!

1 comment:

t said...

Hi L!

Your dress was gorgeous and you looked absolutely stunning on your wedding day. I was so happy to be there to share it with you. :)