Thursday, October 25, 2007

Halloween Outfit

I think I'm going to be a Harajuku girl for Halloween...



I had a hard time finding a good definition of Harajuku style which
is sort of street subculture that started among the teens of the
Harajuku district of Japan. WikiHow gives a good description of
how to dress Harajuku style including mixing and matching fashions,
dressing in layers, accessorizing and playing around with your hair
and make-up.

Images from flickr.com (top left, top right, bottom left, bottom
right
).



I'm going for something in the gothic lolita style. My plan so far
is to wear my black ruffly Alice Temperley for Target dress which
looks somewhat like a Victorian doll already, add some lace and
bows and maybe a crinoline underpinning. Then white (or pink)
stockings and a large bow for my hair. I could even carry my
black and white polka dotted umbrella... Next stop Target and
Hot Topic for accessories! I'll post a pic on Halloween.

No comments: