Saturday, December 1, 2007

I heart coats

In keeping with the cold weather theme of the day I give you a post about
coats.... Coats are some of my favorite things: wool coats and trench coats,
swing coats and plaid coats, long coats and leather coats. I've rarely met a
coat I didn't like.


White coats, how beautiful are thee... but oh how easily dirtied. Kenneth
Cole Reaction Funnel Coat and Marc Jacobs Twill Coat -- I know I've
posted a pic of this coat before, but it's still one of the most beautiful
coats I've come across in a long time. I love the shape and especially the
collar.


Bright coats cheer up a cold gray day (J Crew Gramercy Coat and Marc
by Marc Jacobs Wool Felt Coat).


Black coats are always useful, especially one with fun buttons (Diesel
Brosti Coat
, and Kensie Wool Pleated Coat)


Duffle coats and marmalade sandwiches to make you feel like Paddington
Bear (Banana Republic Wool Toggle Coat -- I got last year's version in
gray for Christmas and it's wonderfully toggly, and J. Crew Stadium cloth
toggle-coat).


I have never actually ever owned a puffer coat, though I imagine that
will change next year when I move to cold cold cold New York. I
rather like this metallic puff by J. Crew and Puffer Vest from Banana
Republic.


The only coat I don't think I'll ever own is a fur coat, though faux can be
fabulous (Faux-fur shrug and Animal-print faux-fur shrug). The one on the
left is adorable!

No comments: