Saturday, January 19, 2008

Karl Lagerfeld


I just added Lagerfeld Confidential to my Netflix cue, though they claim
the release date is unknown. Lagerfeld seems to me to be an odd, but
fascinating man with an almost surreal career. Anyone who can flourish
for over 50 years in the fickle fashion industry must be a genius.

Karl Lagerfeld quotes:

I don't like standard beauty - there is no beauty without strangeness;
I hate people who can't be alone; The best things I've ever done have
come from dreams; Fashion is ephemeral, dangerous and unfair; There
is a German saying: You can't borrow on your past; I love change; I'm
attached to nothing; When I took on Chanel, it was a sleeping beauty
not even a beautiful one; she snored; Success nullifies; you have to do
it again, and better.

No comments: