Thursday, January 24, 2008

Paris Couture Week

My highlights from Paris Couture week.


Dior


Dior was all about saturated jewel colors, crazy futuristic hats and towering shoes in matching colors. Perhaps a bit over the top for me, but amazingly beautiful and well crafted.


Armani Prive



Armani Prive showed a lot of feminine girly touches like ruffles as well as some more geometric shapes and patterns. Apparently 3d flowers are still big (from the oversized purple roses by Dior to the more subtle hibiscus (?) shapes of Armani).


Chanel


Set against the backdrop of a giant Chanel jacket, this was my favorite collection so far.



For this collection Karl Lagerfeld drew his inspiration from shells. You can really see the influence of the ocean in the shapes, colors, and textures used in these dresses, and even in the models swirling updos with shell headbands/tiaras.


I bought a pair of grey arm warmers awhile back, but have yet to figure out how to wear them without looking silly and overly young. The outfit on left gives me some ideas on how I might pull them off. The girl on right looks very haughty ballerina to me. ;)


These two black and white outfits seem very traditional Chanel to me while also being modern in shape and material. All of the models wore ballet flats, including a very familiar two toned mary jane that look just like a pair I picked up awhile back. Great to see that style won't be going out anytime soon as I am a big fan.

No comments: